Tuesday, October 9, 2007

How to last a job for more than five months....

I have been working for at least ten years now after I graduated from college 1994.

From then on, I've been into 8 jobs. Twice as Customer associate, twice as Hotel Department Secretary, as a University Professor, as a Food Chain Marketing Manager, as a Guess? Retail Store Manager, and now as Marketing Manager with the premier and only aquasports facility in Mindanao...

Not only that, I got a Master in Business Administration degree ( almost), 2 vocational courses (Professional Caregiver and Call Center Agent), volunteered to the Davao Autism Center as Editor-in-chief for it's school newsletter, worked OJT as a caregiver with a local cooperative hospital, and earned an english proficiency certificate.

Don't stop counting yet...I also got married, had my first and only daughter Grae...built our bamboo house...went scuba-diving for the first time...


I have often been joked upon by former co-employees,by my relatives...and friends, that I am a jack of all trades...master of none. My mother, a retired AVP for Operations for a broadcasting company here in Davao City, Philippines would tell me...to stop...and be at ease, she had a say on it, she retired by the way with a 50 years of Service and Loyalty Awarded to her...but I'd just laugh and say...Iwill...in time.

Ive been into high salaries, good benefits, prestigious company's, challenging and odd jobs...'till now.

It's no joke...all in ten years.

I am about to have my first year anniversary with my present employer...and I feel great and good still. I still feel as excited as I did when I first walked in Wind and Wave Davao. And I realized these are the few things I found worthwile.

First, I enjoy it. I am not restricted in the four corners of an office, I go out and see sunshine...the blue sea...trees...birds...feel the wind...and sand. ( Did I mention,I met Nemo too?)

Second, I am with real people. From the Boat crew to the Board of Directors...all real, they laugh and cry....get mad...pig-out on food, drink beer, get sick...get well...

Third, I have time for myself. To explore, discover...express my views and be heard. To have mistakes...and a chance to correct them...this way I learn.

So now I realize, for me to last for more than five months...I just need to be myself...it's more than just doing the career...what's important is to shine!

1 comment:

Wilson said...

Congratulation Ma'am Peach!... I adore you for that!...Keep it up!...c",)