Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Life's Pleasures

Today is the beginning of my new life... a change from the old...transformed into the person I am now...a metamorphosis...like that of a butterfly...beautiful and free...a freedom to express myself!

You might ask why? I used to whine a lot...complain...a surge of an infinite discontent and confusion...of what's, when's, where's, why's, how's...even to a point of asking "God" if he really is there? BUt all these quesitons fall on deaf ears...if not remains an echo or words resounding back to me...unanswered...unsatisfied.

Now is my chance to express...and share my thoughts...to billions of readers whom I know are like me...maybe, learn from them too...about life and its pleasures.

I remember one person who once taught me two lessons:

First lesson: "Never depend your happiness on others".

You were born alone...naked...and crying. Your pain is yours to own, your nakedness...your shame to carry...and your individuality...yours to bear. That nobody else can solve your problems but yourself, you may drown yourself around friends but in the end,when you are in the corners of your room...staring up your bedroom ceiling...you still are all alone.

Second Lesson: " The world is a never ending change, Yes. But never expect people to change their attitude for YOU. Learn to accept if you must...if not, then let go."

We are in constant relationship with others...as a co-worker, as a son or a daughter, as a neighbor, as a relative, as a parent and so on and so forth. Because of these different roles that we have to assume, it couldn't be avoided to be confronted with conflicts...I was advised, do not expect them to change their attitude for you or might just end up dissappointed, learn to accept and love them as they are...This will help you adjust and understand the situation...to be more patient. THAT IF YOU DO NOT EXPECT A LOT, you wont be frustrated. If not, let go...and free yourself from pain.

When we avoid from being hurt...when we don't expect too much and rely only on ourselves...then can we start to say, that life is a pleasurable journey after all.

No comments: