Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day and night...Night and day!

There has usually been a connotation for daytime to be the time to do chores, go to work, to wake up and be alive...

And the connotation for nights, totally for rest and to be in total slumber.

Gone are those days.

The modern society with all it's technology has brought about the concept of 24/7...of modern customer service to be "On-call", and that "Quality time" should be...All The Time.

I indulge in this idea. Not only now, but when I started becoming a mom. Though we do not get paid monetarily for being a 24/7 mom, we get recognition and appreciation during birthdays and annual mother's day celebrations...hugs and kisses and pure love.

Recently, I have also been introduced in the BPO Industry as a part-time Virtual Assistant, where I work on a desk doing all the "field-work"...letting my fingers do the walking..and my mouth the talk...

It is a regular job. My boss does demand a whole lot of quality time...we have sales targets...quotas and reports to do at the end of the day. Much to my surprise, I get the same satisfaction from it as a "Day-job" would.

Gone are the days when I long to rest when Mr Sun goes down,
My world is upside- down...

But...nothing much has changed...only time....

No comments: