Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What drives you?


I have come across the book " A Purpose Driven Life"...

Haven't read it...planned to but no time, yet!

I am just curious here guys, just want to know, What drives you? to move on...to fight..to work..to eat...to strive...to struggle...to live?

If at all you have cared, for once, to ask yourself this simple question.

If not, we are no different from robots...just doing what is being told...for no reason at all, just to serve a cause.

I could only think of all the possibilities to this very simple question. I found out, it is not as simple as I thought:

Dream to become a SOMEBODY - this is a personal satisfaction of a thirst for self-glorification. To get the applause and affirmation of others, because we are Somebody BIG, Powerful...and a person with authority. A feel good situation...a situation of assurance that you, are enveloped with the welcoming embrace of society as a whole. Because you are Somebody who have made contribution, in whatever form.

Dream for the family-This is usually a common cry of people who join contests we usually see on television, showing all their talent, singing...dancing...do magic...et al..with all their might...

" I want to win in this contest...because I want to help my family... and I want to get them out of their miserable life. And the family you have ultimately enjoys the fruits of your labor...

Dream to be financially independent - who doesn't like to be able to buy the things you want and need and satisfy the pleasures of your physical thirsts...be it expensive food...chic clothes...fancy jewelries...luxurious sports car...fabulous house...or houses and cars at that...a dream vacation...not to mention the best gizmo's and gadgets galore! All the I wants...

Dream to be able to serve...to live a purpose. According to Abraham Maslow's heirarchy of needs, this is the highest form of all...one lives a life in preparation of the final destiny which is, should we leave to take a final bow, as we all are not exempted from this reality which is death...that he is ready to face his creator...that this life has been dedicated and devoted to the service of others...a selfless contribution to society....a life well lived in the service for...

Well...whatever is your reason for living, I know I remember one person who told me, a mentor...a father..."that you were born in this world alone...and to make this life an easier ride and an adventure of a lifetime...be it with family...or friends...

Should you make a difference...is all up to you....

No comments: