Thursday, July 22, 2010

Food for the Soul...

Last night, around 8:30 PM Philippine Time, as I was preparing my self and setting for work mode...as my usual remedy to fight back the Juan Tamad Syndrome, I opened the Youtube and run over local singer Gary Valenciano's pieces...I didn't have any song specifically in mind, but anything the net would suggest.

First song in line was " Warrior is a Child"...

It was very cold since it rained last night, and I didn't feel any sobriety at all. Suddenly, I was struck by the chorus which Gary V. beautifully sang:

" they don't know, that I come running home when I fall down,
they don't know who picks me up when no one is around,
I drop my sword and cry for just a while,
'Cause deep inside this armour...the warrior is a child"

"Unafraid because His armor is the best...
But even soldiers need a quiet place to rest,
People say that I'm amazing,
I haven't faced retreat,
But they don't see the enemies
that laid me at His feet..."

I realized, we don't need to always be strong ...
be in fight mode,
to fight back when somebody scorns our soul...

Acknowledging our weakness, makes us strong...
because realizing our limitations..
make us know how to strategize our fight plan...
and not compromise the situation..

If it a win or lose battle.

It also sends me the message,
that not all the world dictates as SUCCESS...Is!!!

Our successess and achievements,
big or small...
Contribute to the person we are and have become.
Us, individually realizing our life's purpose.

Is it worth all the applause...?





No comments: