Wednesday, July 21, 2010

How Did I Have Real Friends...Near and Far?

Just yesterday, I started to blog again.

Starting from scratch and not being able to write for almost 3 years, left me dumb on all the w's...what, when, where, who. And yes a small little detail, which is most important is H for HOW?

I tried and tried but to no avail...I realized I'm no computer whiz at all. And so I dialed a friend who from the start gave me tips...ending up with a whole script of what to do's. and as if his patience hasn't run out of me yet...ended up doing all that he told me from the start. Gee, thanks Wil!

Mind you, Wil is from another side of Earth.

And so I realized, how did I earn REAL friends who help out, stick-it-out after all these years not to mention the distance, we haven't seen each other for 4 years now give and take.

And more so, I realized he isn't the only one who's dear to me...keeping in touch through all the modern technology has to offer, yahoo mail, face book, friendster, sms, and even long distance cellphone calls which are quite expensive to name a few...both family and long time friends.

How indeed?

I found out, it's just simple! It's just to C - A - R - E.

This being acronym for:

C - ommunicate. Don't stop keeping in touch. It need not be expensive but should be consistent.

A - ssure. Give your friend the assurance that you are and always there, at their beck and call as they are also when you need them.

R - each-out. Don't wait for them to ask help. Offer to give a piece of yourself sincerely.

E- mpathize. There is some kind of bond with long time friends that you just know...when that person needs some pat in the back, or a tap...or simple flying hugs and kisses for a hard day's work. Even if it were just words you read across the screen, the gesture and emotions fly across the distance...and you feel good.

Here' s to Friendship, Cheers!



1 comment:

Wilson said...

Momi, a pleasure po... Anytime as long as I can help in anyway... just let me know if you have more dilemmas on blogs... just keep updating your blog and find more blogger friends... ;) hugs and kisses... ;)